What is BBA course? Those seeking to advance their careers in management are likely to pursue a Bachelor of Business Administration or BBA course. The BBA course duration is of three years. There are many top BBA colleges in India.
BBA is an undergraduate program that teaches business, encourages entrepreneurship, and promotes management skills. It is therefore recommended that you investigate online certificate courses for BBA students if you are considering setting up your own business or becoming an entrepreneur.
What is the Syllabus of the BBA course?
What subjects are there in BBA? In the BBA curriculum, there are six semesters. Management subjects are part of each semester’s BBA curriculum, providing the student with managerial expertise.
Principles of Management
Direct Tax & Indirect Tax
Customer Relationship Management
Operations & Supply Chain Management
Essentials of IT
Principles of Marketing
Consumer Behaviour & Services Marketing
Advanced Financial Management
International Business & EXIM
Banking & Insurance
Entrepreneurship & Business Plan
Quantitative techniques – I
Human Behaviour & Ethics at Workplace
Financial Statement Analysis
Quantitative Techniques – II
Human Resource Management
India Socio-Political Economics
Indian Economics in Global Scenario
Who is eligible to pursue a BBA?
BBA eligibility: Students who are interested in enrolling in BBA courses from top BBA colleges in India should have passed the 10+2 examination or the equivalent examination from any Board or School that has been recognized by the government.
Listed below are some of the ways how BBA will help a working professional to advance his career:
- Management skills development: Those seeking managerial skills will benefit from a BBA degree. Through the course, students will study key areas such as economics and finance that are fundamental to management.
- Courses focused on the industry: BBA courses are designed to meet the needs of the industry. In addition to providing practical knowledge, it also provides theoretical knowledge. BBA graduates carry out a variety of responsibilities in organisations, which makes them attractive to both established companies and start-ups.
- Getting a head start on your career: Online BBA course allow students to start their careers early, which is one of their greatest advantages. Compared to other bachelor degrees, BBA graduates find jobs much more quickly and earn more money.
Scope of BBA degree
In the current job market, BBA job opportunities are plenty, as they are designed to be able to fit in a variety of roles within an organization. Additionally, students who are interested in indulging in a course that will prepare them to manage a family business or to be entrepreneurs are also well suited to enroll in this program.
The more experience a candidate has, the higher up the chain they are appointed to, such as an associate or an assistant. Managers and professionals in the field are able to enjoy significant salary increases over the years.
BBA gives you a head start in the business world
BBA is the foundation for a job related to administration or management in the business world. Here’s why:
- Early management skills are developed through it. Students are exposed to marketing, finance, sales, economics, and strategy management, which are key areas of management. Additionally, business communication skills are enhanced. BBA courses equip candidates with the skills they need to succeed in their management careers.
- Taking a BBA course combines practical knowledge with theoretical knowledge, which increases a student’s marketability. Businesses and start-ups are always looking for BBA students as they can handle a wide range of duties in their companies.
- Leadership skills are developed through a business administration degree. A person may develop proficiency in business theories and formulations as well as possess a natural entrepreneurial spirit. There are many people with these qualities in business, as it is a competitive field. Being a leader first is essential to distinguishing oneself from others and being recognized by business leaders.
Online BBA or Offline BBA? What should you choose?
In an “Offline BBA program”, students complete undergraduate study in business management at colleges and universities and receive a bachelor’s degree in business administration.
The term “Online BBA course” refers to a method of providing flexible learning opportunities by bridging the gap between students and teachers through the use of the e-Learning Materials, the internet, and full-fledged program delivery through the use of technology.
Listed below are some reasons why you might want to consider applying for a BBA online degree program:
- Extended Interaction: The offline classroom confined students to socialize with their classmates, but online classes allow them to establish relationships with people from different parts of the world. Interacting with colleagues on a first-hand basis provides students with valuable experience.
- Economic: Compared to an offline BBA course, an online course costs less. As a result, it is extremely popular with students who cannot afford to attend expensive colleges. The classes will take place in the comfort of their own homes, so they won’t need to pay for travel or accommodation.
- A convenient way to learn: A student can complete the course in any way they choose. Classes and tests can be scheduled according to their convenience. For students who work and don’t have much free time, this proves to be a very valuable attribute. As a result, they are able to arrange their classes according to the amount of free time they have. Having a job and pursuing a degree at the same time is a flexible choice for students.
Career prospects for BBA graduates
Following graduation, BBA graduates have many job opportunities available to them. Listed below are some of the highest-paying jobs in India. Graduates are most likely to work in the following fields:
Jobs after BBA and salary
Finance Sector: In addition to having an office in India, many companies also establish a dedicated finance department that seeks candidates with bachelor’s degrees in business administration. As well as working in large companies and organizations, you may also be employed by banks, investment banks, insurance companies, and real estate firms.
A BBA graduate in the finance sector can expect to earn around ₹600,000 per year on average.
Job roles: Compliance Controller, Corporate Finance Manager, Risk Manager, Investment Banker, Commercial Banker, etc.
Manufacturing Sector: A BBA graduate with a focus on manufacturing will have a wide range of employment opportunities. It is in this area that BBA graduates are experiencing a lot of growth.
The average salary for BBA graduates working in the manufacturing sector is ₹4,00,000 per year.
Job roles: Market Research Analyst, Sales Executive, Supply Chain Manager, Production Engineer, etc.
Management Sector: An organization’s management department is its oldest and most important department. Management jobs are plentiful for BBA graduates. In management, candidates must have a strong understanding of principles and administration, making it a flourishing field for BBA graduates.
The annual salary for BBA (Management) graduates is ₹8,00,000 in India.
Job roles: Operations managers, Marketing Managers, Consultant, or Financial Analysts.
HR Sector: Among the most popular fields is human resources management. After completing a BBA in Human Resources, graduates will have a variety of job opportunities in large corporations.
The average salary for students is ₹4,00,000.
Job roles: Quality Control managers, Human Resource managers or executives, Employee Relations managers, or Personnel managers.
Marketing Sector: Students who graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in marketing are prepared for a wide variety of careers in business, but especially those in sales, promotions, marketing research, and advertising. Data analysis and consumer insights are taught to students.
Graduates entering the marketing field earn an average salary of ₹5,00,000 per annum.
Courses after BBA
What to do after BBA? After completion of the BBA graduate program, a student can opt to study MBA postgraduate program in order to enhance their skills.
MBA: Graduates of BBA programs are best served by a master’s degree. If you’d like to progress further in the field of business administration, a Master’s degree MBA is a good choice. Compared to other programs, MBA provides more scope for finding your area of interest. Moreover, you will have a better chance of landing a better job as well.
Career options after BBA
A bachelor’s degree in business administration with a specialization in management is essential in today’s job market and in shaping the career of someone with management skills.
We have examined the many reasons why BBA can be a game-changing degree in this article. The program is academically rigorous and scientifically relevant at the same time. Through the selection of projects available, you will be challenged and stretched in your analytical, innovative, and entrepreneurial skills.
In addition to strategic analysis, innovative ideas, and interdisciplinary skills, a BBA program emphasizes creativity and innovation among aspiring business executives. As a whole, pursuing a BBA is a good way to start your career and develop strategic leadership skills.